Are you a teacher, teacher aide or other education professional supporting a student with Down syndrome?
Please click the link below to see the updated flyer and registration form for the 2013 Brisbane Education Conference - now including the conference program.
2013 Brisbane Unlocking Potential flyer
Reading our Way is an exciting new reading program that has been designed for students who are visual learners. The all inclusive program teaches sight words through fun, interactive and engaging activities, with everything that is needed to implement the program included in the kit.
Reading Our Way is designed to support early reading and word recognition for students with Down syndrome. It is based on research which suggests that students with Down syndrome learn to read best via the whole word approach to reading. This is true for students with a variety of needs and as such, this program will be beneficial in teaching a range of students to read.
The Introduction to Reading Our Way sessions will include:
- An introduction to teaching reading
- The latest research into teaching reading to children with intellectual impairment
- Practical reading activities and strategies to be used in a school or home environment
- An overview of the Reading Our Way program
- Details on implementation and purchase of Reading Our Way
Click here to download the flyer and registration form