Support for Educators
The Down Syndrome Association of Queensland provides support to teachers and schools/organisations to ensure that students with Down syndrome are maximising their educational outcomes. This support is provided by the Education Consultant.
The overriding vision of the Education Consultant is to promote improved educational outcomes for all students with Down syndrome. This is achieved through an unwavering belief and commitment to the capacity of students with Down syndrome to achieve educationally. This is coupled with a focus on education in all areas including physical, emotional, intellectual and social learning. The Education Consultant oversees programs and services designed to maximise the developmental achievements of students with Down syndrome both in their educational environment and in the wider community. Services provided by the education consultant include:
- Annual 2-day education conference in Brisbane which brings together experts in the education of students with Down syndrome
- Education workshops and one-day conferences throughout Queensland
- In-house professional development
- School visits (Please email the Education Consultant at email@example.com for further information)
- The development of resources to support the education of students with Down syndrome
- General phone and email support from the Education Consultant and other specialised staff
Annual membership to DSAQ is available for schools and organisations. This also allows schools access to:
- The DSAQ resource library which includes free resource loans (including postage). Items available for loan can be viewed in our online library catalogue.
- Our quarterly magazine, the DSAQ digest
- iPod and iPads to trial with your students
Useful Downloads and Links
Find out more about upcoming workshops and conferences being help in your region.
- Become a member
Join DSAQ to access a range of information and support services.
Find out more about borrowing from our library and the range of resources available.
- Online Store
View our range of educational resources available for purchase.
Further Information and Support
For further information and support please contact the team at DSAQ on (07) 3356 6655 or at firstname.lastname@example.org